Need help playing or downloading these files? Try our Audio Technical Help Page.
2015 BBFA Annual Conference at Bethshan, Wyee, NSW.
(Audios from our latest conference are still being processed. Check back here soon!)
2014 BBFA Annual Conference at Bethshan, Wyee, NSW.
Guest speaker for all sessions: Michael Penny from the Open Bible Trust, U.K.
Prophecies of Matthew 24 – Michael Penny. Four messages (with accompanying slides) commenting on this amazing and intriguing prophetic passage of Scripture.
Prophecies of Matthew 24 – Pt 1 (audio)
Prophecies of Matthew 24 – Pt 2 (audio)
Prophecies of Matthew 24 – Pt 3 (audio)
Prophecies of Matthew 24 – Pt 4 (audio)
Jesus and the Miracle of Healing – Michael Penny. Three messages (with accompanying slides) putting the miracles of the Lord into context.
Things That Are Hard To Understand (2 Peter 3:16) – Michael Penny. Two messages (and accompanying slides). Peter tells his readers in 2 Peter 3:16 that some of the Apostle Paul’s writings are “hard to understand”. What particular things would Peter’s readers have found hard to understand … and why?
Michael Penny in Australia 2014
A selection of Bible study messages given throughout Australia in September and October 2014.
- The Purpose of Speaking in Tongues – Michael Penny. What did the sign of speaking in tongues mean? What did they signify? Do people speak in tongues today? The important issue of why people spoke in tongues during New Testament times is discussed.
How Not To Study The Bible – Michael Penny. The speaker discusses several common mistakes genuine people make when reading the Scriptures, or when trying to understand and interpret certain Bible passages.
How Not To Study the Bible Pt 1 (audio)
How Not To Study the Bible Pt 2 (audio)
Is the Bible Trustworthy? – Michael Penny. Drawing from many historical sources, Michael Penny speaks on why we can have confidence in the Bible as God’s Word.
Is The Bible Trustworthy (audio)
True or False? “Ask and you shall receive” – Michael Penny. Are we truly able to request anything of God, and be guaranteed of being granted it? Michael Penny sets out some plain reasons why we don’t always get what we ask for, despite this Biblical promise.
“In Heavenly Places” in Ephesians – Michael Penny. An examination of the phrase “in heavenly places”, a phrase unique to the book of Ephesians.
- Paul – the Apostle to the Gentiles – Michael Penny. A closer look at the life and ministry of Paul, focussing on his particular ministry to the Gentiles.
Who Is Jesus? – Michael Penny. A short message (14 mins) in response to the Lord’s question, “Who do you say that I am?”.
Who Is Jesus (audio)
A Timeline for Revelation & Prophecy – Michael Penny. Various prophesied events are considered in the sequence in which they will occur. It is recommended that the accompanying chart be viewed or printed off, as it is referred to many times during these talks.
Chart: A Timeline for Revelation and Prophecy – click on the image above
Isaiah Six and the Future of Israel – Michael Penny. This Old Testament passage is quoted several times in the New Testament at important turning points. The speaker examines some of these, and their relevance to Israel’s future.
Progressive Revelation – Michael Penny. The plan of God has taken a number of turns throughout the ages. In this talk, Michael Penny discusses some of the defining characteristics of the different ages.
Progressive Revelation Pt 1 (audio)
Progressive Revelation Pt 2 (audio)
Questions … and Suggested Answers – Michael Penny. This talk (divided here into two parts) was given in response to a series of commonly asked questions on a range of subjects.
Questions and Suggested Answers – handout
Questions and Suggested Answers Pt 1 (audio) Topics covered include: The conception of Jesus, Predestination, God speaking clearly to people.
Questions and Suggested Answers Pt 2 (audio) Topics covered include: Angels sinning, Husbands and wives sanctifying each other, The 144,000 of Revelation, God’s punishments today.
The Commissions of Christ – Michael Penny. What was “the Great Commission”? Who was given this commission? Are Christians carrying this out today? How does it differ from other commissions? These and other related issues are discussed.
The Commissions of Christ Pt 1 (audio)
The Commissions of Christ Pt 2 (audio)
The Life of Peter – Michael Penny. A series of messages on Peter, his life and his ministry.
The Life of Peter Pt 1a (audio)
The Life of Peter Pt 1b (audio)
The Life of Peter Pt 2 (audio)
The Life of Peter Pt 3a (audio)
The Life of Peter Pt 3b (audio)
Sylvia Penny in Australia 2014
A Bible study message given at a Ladies’ Day luncheon in Australia, October 2014.
Satan and Eve (audio)
2013 BBFA Annual Conference at Bethshan, Wyee, NSW.
Speakers: Athol Walter, Karl Edwards, Rom Harper, David Tavender, Peter Ward (see photo below).
Test Things Differing – Athol Walter. Two messages discussing some aspects of God’s dealings in which differences and distinctions need to be observed.
Defeating the Flesh – Peter Ward. Part 1: Put on the Lord Jesus Christ. Part 2: Make No Provision For The Flesh. Also included are some additional thoughts from the speaker, and some discussion from the audience.
Our Hope – Karl Edwards. A discussion of the hope of today’s body of believers.
One Second Coming – Karl Edwards. The speaker suggests that there will only be one “second coming” of the Lord, and exposes a major flaw of some prophetic proposals which necessitate TWO second comings of the Lord.
The Mosaic Law: an introduction – David Tavender. Part 1 – What is the Law? What was its purpose? What did it involve? Part 2 – The general sense of the Law, and its place today.
The Mosaic Law – an introduction (slides)
- The Jewish Messiah – Rom Harper. The Jewish Messiah, as promised in the OT, and revealed in the NT. Part 1 – The Jewish Messiah in the Old Testament; what the Jews of OT times were expecting of the promised Messiah. Part 2 – The Jewish Messiah in the New Testament; how, in NT times, the Lord Jesus Christ was the fulfilment of the Messiah promised in OT times.
Accompanying handout: Overview of Jewish Writings and Commentaries
2012 BBFA Annual Conference at Bethshan, Wyee, NSW. Speakers (L to R): Athol Walter, Karl Edwards, Rom Harper, David Tavender, Peter Ward. You can read more about the 2012 Conference itself in the Sep/Oct 2012 issue of Spiritual Blessings magazine.
- The Hope & the Prize – Athol Walter. Differentiating between what is a free gift from God, and what may (or may not) be earned.
- What About Us? (Pts. 1 & 2) – Karl Edwards. If a lot of the Bible is about Israel, then what about us who are Gentiles? These two talks clearly show the strong links between the Old and New Testaments and that the Church of today began later. Part 1 illustrates the OT links to the NT, whilst Part 2 focusses on the place of Gentiles.
- Christ’s Fulfilment of Passover (Pts. 1 & 2) – Rom Harper.A detailed consideration of how the Lord’s death on the cross was, among other things, a fulfilment of the symbolism of the Passover Feast.
- The Holy Spirit in Ephesians (Pts. 1 & 2) – Peter Ward. Each of the references to the Holy Spirit in Ephesians is considered.
- Unity in Ephesians (Pts. 1 & 2) – David Tavender. The concept of “unity” in our dispensation is discussed, drawing many texts from the epistle to the Ephesians. Part 1 deals with the unity that God has created, whilst Part 2 considers the unity that we are to keep.
Accompanied by slides: Unity in Ephesians
2011 BBFA Annual Conference at Bethshan, Wyee, NSW.
Slides for The New Testament Epistles Parts 1 & 2